About the Super Strummer Course:
This course will take you from awkward beginner to SUPER STRUMMER. By working through a series of guided strumming workouts you’ll be able to easily play ANY strumming pattern, in ANY style of music. You'll also learn the fundamental mechanics for strumming freedom.
By completing this course, you'll easily be able to:
- Strum with a relaxed, controlled and accurate motion of the fingers, hand, wrist, and arm
- Maintain a constant up and down pendulum motion with your strum, for all patterns
- Play a variety of simple and complex strumming patterns at various speeds
- Use muting, accents, and mixing bass notes with strums to spice up your rhythm playing
- Find and create appropriate strumming patterns on your when learning or creating songs
Check out this YouTube Video which includes much of the material from the first few lesson!
This course contains both a beginner and intermediate track that are separated into four main sections. You will be able to work with the material repeatedly, and for an extended time to continuously develop your strumming.
The four modules included in the course are:
- Beginner Strumming Techniques
- Beginner Strumming Workouts Levels 1-4
- Intermediate Strumming Techniques
- Intermediate Strumming Workouts Levels 5-7
All of the lessons feature Pow Music's unique visual animations where notes and patterns light up, indicating when they are to be played.
- Over 20 downloadable drum tracks of various styles and speeds for practicing
- An index of over 50 different strumming patterns
- Free 15 minute 1 on 1 Lesson with Gary (details for booking in first section of course)
- Access to Private Facebook group and live office hours
I'm Gary and I'm the founder of Pow Music. I've spent a combined 17 years working with beginner guitar players of all ages as a public school teacher, private instructor and director of curriculum for Little Kids Rock. The program that I've created here is the culmination of my many years of experience helping students to become accomplished strummers.
Gary is the founder of Pow Music, an education company committed to helping musicians develop their craft, stay inspired, and share their music. Before that he served for over two years as the National Training Manager and then the Director of Curriculum for Little Kids Rock. He is also a former tenured public school band and general music teacher and taught for three years in Queens, NY. He holds a Master's Degree in Music Education from Columbia University and has been playing guitar professionally for over 13 years. He has also taught and/or created curriculum for guitartricks.com, Musopia Apps, and Ibanez Guitars.
"My main goal is to empower students to develop and express their own musical voice." - Gary Heimbauer
Learn more about Gary by visiting powmusic.co
StartGuided Simple 1/8th note Strumming Workout (5:23)
StartSelf Guided Simple 1/8th Note Strumming Workout (4:20)
StartIntro to Syncopated Strumming (3:57)
StartGuided Syncopated 1/8th Note Strumming Workout (5:41)
StartSelf Guided Syncopated 1/8th Note Strumming Workout (4:20)
StartAccenting Strong Beats (3:11)
StartMake it Swing and Guided Mini Workout (7:37)
StartSelf Guided Simple Swing 1/8th Note Strumming Workouts (4:59)
StartGuided Syncopated Swing 1/8th Note Strumming Workout (5:26)
StartSelf Guided Syncopated Swing 1/8 Note Strumming Workout (4:24)